Skip to main content

Where To Buy Clothes For Plus Size Goths

     As you may already know, I am a plus size goth. My size ranges from 22 to 24. So I know the struggles that come when you are a plus size goth. Of course if you dress trendy being plus size is actually pretty easy, there are so many stores that cater to our plus size bodies. But when your a goth the stereotype is that we are all really thin. But that just isn't true. Gothic clothing brands tend to cater towards this stereotype and they make all of their sizes quite small. Do to this inconvenience I have had to find other places to shop. From all of my research and experience I am here today to help my fellow plus size goths find the clothes they want in the size they need.
      Here is a little secret that you probably already know, these normal stores that I was talking about earlier, they sell clothes that we can actually wear! Of course it isn't exactly the same as "Punk Rave", but it will do. As long as you have an imagination it will take you a long way.
     Forever 21 Plus is a great place to shop, they have lots of lace and velvet and they also have a ton of black, I know shocking! Torrid and Hot Topic are a good place to shop too. I know that they tend to be more on the Emo side, but they do carry lots of gothic pieces as well, especially in the fall. And Hot Topic goes up to a 3X and Torrid goes even farther. If your budget is a bit bigger than what these stores can offer you, you can always goes the handmade route and turn to Etsy. They have the most beautiful clothes for goths and they make them in your size if you find the right seller.
     I hope that this was a little help to you and that you check out these sites, I will leave their links below.
- Jessie Holloway

www.forever21.com 

www.hottopic.com

www.torrid.com

www.etsy.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Goth Youtuber's

Like most people, I watch YouTube. But as a goth I tend to lean more towards gothic youtuber's for inspiration and motivation. So today I decided to share some of my favorite gothic youtuber's in no particular order. 1. It's Black Friday 2. Toxic Tears 3. Drac Makens 4. Amy Nekrotique 5. Angela Benedict 6. Batty Bizarre 7. BiohazardousBeauty 8. Caligo Bastet 9. Ciwana Black 10. Disspossable 11. Gothic Ghostie 12. ReeRee Phillips 13. The_Goblin_Queen I hope you look them up, they are all spectacular! - Jessie  Holloway

Advice To Baby Bats

Dear Baby Bats,      Welcome to the gothic community, I have been a goth for five years and I too went through the baby bat phase. So I've come up with a little advice to help your transition.      To start off, take your transition slowly, it took me a while and still to this day I'm working on my style. Start off by looking into your local thrift stores, they are cheaper than gothic clothing brands and they make your look more unique! Not to mention the fact that there clothes are much more fun to DIY.      Look into the music, do your research. Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus and The Cure are a good place to start, remember goth started from the music so it is very important that you know the basics. If you don't like all of it that's fine but the most important thing is to appreciate it.      Makeup is amazing! You will have a blast playing around, don't worry if it's not perfect,  my makeup never is. And it takes lots of practice,  try working with your liner